SOCIETY FOR ADVANCEMENT OF FUTURE EARTH AND COMMUNITY
is a registered society at Delhi
under the Societies Registration Act of 1860.SAFAC was established in the year 2011 with the following key objectives.Dr Rajiv R Thakur is the General Secretary of the Society and is one of the founding members who are taking lead in its various activities aligned with society’s objectives.
- To conduct research studies on social and economic conditions of people with a view to involving ways and means for their development withier social historical frameworks and to seek promotion of human development in rural, urban and other priority areas with dues emphasis on creating human empowerment through economic activities in sectors like agriculture, industry and services as well as public convenience for people.
- To explore for promotion of socio economic development in the community. To take up, initiate or assist social development activities or welfare programmes for bringing positive change in the lives of the common people.
- Generate additional employment opportunities and income by creating livelihoods for rural poor.
- Environment protection and local action for natural resource conservation, development and management.
- To rejuvenate Indian spiritual, philosophy, literature and integrate its relevance with the contemporary thoughts in the emerging social and cultural context towards the welfare and well being of mankind and society.
- To spread the teachings of great leaders, philosophers, thinkers, reformers and saints
- To undertake, organize, conduct and facilitate, courses, conference, lecture, research and education on various aspects of science, technology, society and other fields.
- To establish centers for promotion of Music, Dance, and other arts.
- To promote and protect Indian traditional music, dance, handicraft, hand looms, art, modern art and literature.
- To run, establish and manage centers/institutes of different Indian and foreign languages and vocational and professional trainings.
- To run and open the schools for the welfare and uplift of the needy children and also run adult education programs.
In addition to the above the society has listed several other positive objectives in its Memorandum of Association.