In today’s globalized and challenging times with high demand on relevant skills and expertise, institutions need multi-skill person with strong sense of changing industry needs, changing expectations and profile of students, business environment and policies, strategic thinking and ability to learn from success stories from allied and other sectors. Strong and highly successful innovative thinking and approaches to build institutions adding value to its stake holders with strong foundation of management, academic administration, strong collaboration between industry and academia and a level of high commitment towards delivery and implementation are few facets which have become inevitable for institutions’ success.
Dr Thakur has a proven skill as a true leader in and has inherited all these abilities in his successful career of over two decades and half.
As a leader he adds few of the following facets of a successful leader:
- Institution building with high and speedy take off and turn around capabilities
- Quality Assurance and International and National Accreditation of Academic Institutions
- Result orientation and trust worthiness with high level of ownership
- Convincing Capability for bringing home the points that will help people take decision in favour of the conviction presented;
- Leadership quality, team spirit and team building capabilities and communication skills.
- Commitment, Integrity and responsibility.
- Collaborations and alliances with organizations both national and international
- Wide Network of Professionals, Practicing Managers and Policy Makers, academicians, policy makers, media professionals, young and senior managers including large network of alumni.
- Designing and Delivery Executive Development Programmes for PSUs and Private sector organization for middle and senior level management professionals
- International conferences and organizing MDPs for senior and middle level executives
- Admissions and Marketing expertise
- Expertise of media marketing and a specialization in brand building, promotion, marketing of institutions and brands.
- Practical experience of Industry and Policy making and strategic Planning
- Business sense about Higher education business, industry and its operation
- Good Understanding of Academic fundamentals of curriculum development, academic
- Administration, and finances
- Field visits, rural immersion programmes and live projects
- CSR initiatives and skill development initiatives in rural and semi urban areas
- Strong Managerial, Technical and Financial knowledge of all aspects of business, policy, technology and Management